This program is proudly supported by:
2022/23 program is currently running.
Nominations for the 2023/24 program will open in Mid-September 2023.
Head Coach: Kirstie Fuller
Manager: Kiona Sunerton
The Netball Talent Development Program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2023-24 Netball program:
- Skill Development Sessions Focused on the Skills Specific to Netball
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Athlete Education in Topics such as Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching and Testing
- Targeted Competition Events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge**
** Selected Athletes
- Be aged between 15-16 years in the year of the scholarship program for 2023/24 (born in 2008 & 2009).
- Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
- Be a Current Registered Member of a Local Association
- Display the Potential to Progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
- Demonstrate a Dedication to Improving Performance