The 2020/21 Indoor Volleyball Program is currently running. Stay tuned for more information on future Volleyball Programs.
Expressions of Interest (EOI's) for Coaching staff can be completed HERE
In 2021, Volleyball NSW (VNSW) is thrilled to announce a new partnership with the NSW Regional Academies of Sport Incorporated (RASi). This partnership will see eligible Academies locations within the RASi network deliver volleyball programs in partnership with VNSW for athletes in the Youth bracket (generally aged between 12-18 years old), forming an official part of the VNSW performance pathway.
The introduction of the RASi program is a key new step in the pathway for ALL athletes and coaches interested in participating in the 2021 Youth Phoenix Program. There are many purposes to this program including:
- Provide localised high-quality training for athletes and coaches across Sydney Metro and Regional NSW (previously delivered only through the centralised State Team program)
- Increase the education level of athletes through access to strength & conditioning services and sports education (e.g. nutrition, psychology)
- Increase the education level of coaches through the development of a combined coaching cohort, with State-wide content led by VNSW
- Provide a regional level representative championship opportunity within NSW
- Provide an opportunity for talent identification throughout NSW and therefore engage with more individuals
ELIGIBILITY & FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Suitable athletes are required to:
- Be aged generally between 12-18 years old
- Hold a valid VNSW Membership
- Attend a trial for their Academy
Costs for selected athletes include:
- Invoiced by VNSW on selection:
- $600 training & education levy
- $130 equipment levy (includes a ball to be kept by the athlete)
- Invoiced by Hunter Academy of Sport:
- TBC uniform levy
- TBC additional event/competition opportunities
VOLLEYBALL TRAINING SCHEDULE
Athletes will undertake a minimum of 24 hours of court activities (18 hours court training + 6 hours competition time), delivered by VNSW endorsed and accredited coaches. Athletes will be educated based on a curriculum developed by VNSW in reference to the Volleyball Australia coaching manual.
The exact times & dates for court activities are still to be confirmed. This will be updated when available and notification of the update will be sent to all those who have registered for trials.
Amount: 6-8x trainings
Day: Sunday, approximately fortnightly between June-August (inclusive)
Time: Mornings, between 9am to 1pm
Exact schedule to be confirmed ASAP
Hunter Sports High School, Gateshead
Netball Central, Sydney Olympic Park
Athletes will undertake a minimum of 8 hours of strength and conditioning, and 8 hours of athlete education, delivered by RASi endorsed and accredited coaches and presenters. Athletes will be educated based on a curriculum developed by the Hunter Academy of Sport.
Topics to be delivered will include (but are not limited to):
- Injury Prevention & Management
- Drugs in Sport
- Cyber Safety
- Sports Psychology
- Bullying & Resilience
The schedule of education will be communicated through the Hunter Academy of Sport upon selection.
Female Youth - Coach: Kristy Charlton
Female Senior - Coach: Simon Tuppurainen
Male Youth – Coach Danielle Tansu
Male Senior – Coach Jordan Maxwell
Anand Ben Romdhane
Shao Wei Aw