Nominations for the 2021/22 Triathlon Program have now closed.
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Nicky Western
The HAS triathlon program forms an integral component of the Triathlon Athlete Development Pathway. This program is designed to assist the individual athlete's development so that they progress further in the sport with a strong focus on providing greater skill development, strength and conditioning support and physical preparation.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- Skill Development Sessions Focused on the Skills Specific to the Sport of Triathlon (bike, run, swim)
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Athlete Education in Topics such as Sport Psychology, Leadership and Sports Nutrition
- Strength and Conditioning Testing and Feedback
- Compete at targeted TriNSW Events in the Billigence Championship Series
- Access to Recovery Clinic and Recommended Physiotherapists
- Squad Inter-Academy sessions with CCAS
- Training Peaks Tracking of Athlete Development
- Academy Games Inter-Academy racing weekend and Camp in Wagga Wagga
- Optional Camp opportunites as offered by Triathlon NSW
- Athletes must be 13-17 years old (those born from 2005 to 2009)
- Reside within the Hunter Region
- Attend School within the Hunter Region
- Registered with a Local Club/Association or directly with Triathlon Australia
- Athletes considered for selection in the program should possess physical and behavioural attributes that are considered essential to progress to a standard to be selected as members of the TNSW Emerging Talent Squad in the following 2-3 years.
- Demonstrate a Dedication to Improving Performance
- Be able to Commit to all Planned HAS Program Events. A draft schedule can be found Here
A program and uniform levy will be applicable to all selected athletes
Click Here for draft Triathlon Schedule.
Please note: All program dates are subject to change as we continue to closely monitor all Public health orders and changing protocols. We will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible for all changes to scheduled sessions.