This program is proudly offered in partnership with Central Coast Academy of Sport & The University of Newcastle (NUsport)
The 2023 program currently running.
2024 Program - More information to come
The Hunter Academy of Sport program will help assist identified athletes to access quality holistic development opportunities delivered by professionals with a view to:
- Identify talented athletes
- Enhance opportunities for selection into state development squads and state teams/ squads
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events
- Increase athlete exposure to sports science and personal development and education
- 14 – 18 years of age (born in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005)
- Currently reside within the Hunter Region
- A current registered member of Swimming NSW
To be eligible for selection, athletes need to provide evidence of time/s at a sanctioned event or events (Event, Date and Venue).
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the Swimming program:
- 6 face to face training sessions plus 6 S&C Training sessions for skill development (Approx. 12 weeks of training in total from May - October 2023)
- Athletes will also be provided with face to face educational opportunities such as: Strength and conditioning, Nutrition, Sport Psychology, and more
- Access to all Hunter Academy of Sport providers