This program is proudly offered in partnership with Central Coast Academy of Sport
The Hunter Academy of Sport (HAS) program will assist identified athletes to access quality holistic educational development opportunities delivered by professionals with a view to:
- Identify talented athletes;
- Enhance opportunities for selection into state development squads and state teams/ squads;
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events;
- Increase athlete exposure to sports science and personal development and education
Scholarship athletes are selected from local Hunter swimming clubs and receive the associated benefits of being a scholarship holder through HAS in the anticipation of progressing further through to state and national selection. The Swimming program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport.
- 10 – 17 years of age as at 1st January, 2020
- Currently reside within the Hunter Region
- A current registered member of Swimming NSW
- Athletes must also be registered to compete at the NSW State Age Champs or competed at the NSW State Opens (Winter) or the Short Course Nationals (Winter).
To be eligible for selection, athletes need to provide evidence of time/s at a sanctioned event or events (Event, Date and Venue). If an athlete, parent / guardian are unsure of eligibility, HAS encourages you to complete an on-line application to supply evidence of performance.
The Online Program will provide out of competition expert advice in an online forum via specialist consultants including:
- Strength & Conditioning
- Injury prevention, management and treatment advice
- Sport Psychology
- Public Speaking
Click HERE for program calendar
$80 + gst