This program is proudly supported by:
Program Coordinator: Christine Halpin
Head Coach: Bree Brooker
The Hunter Academy of Sport Softball Talent Development Program operates as a development pathway for young Hunter Region softballers aspiring towards state selection. It offers advanced skill development and is conducted in collaboration with both the Newcastle & District Softball Association and Softball NSW. The program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport. Participants are also provided with information in sports education in areas such as, sport psychology, nutrition, injury management, strength and conditioning and motivation.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the softball program:
- Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills - due to the current COVID-19 landscape, the final schedule for the Softball Program is still to be confirmed. Sessions will be planned for Tuesdays approximately once a week from November 2020 - April 2021 with some specialist weekend sessions to be scheduled. These sessions are subject to change.
- High Performance Fitness Training & Strength & Conditioning Program
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Educational Sessions in Topics Such as Physiotherapy and Sports Psychology
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership
- Participation in Inter-Academy Competitions run in conjunction with Softball NSW
To be eligible to apply for a position within the softball program, athletes must be:
- Athletes must be born in 2005, 2006 & 2007 to be eligible.
- A resident within the *Hunter region;
- Attending School within the Hunter region;
- A Financial Member of Softball NSW/first registered with either Newcastle or Central Coast
* If you reside outside of the Hunter region and your regional academy does not offer a softball program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program & Uniform Levy is applicable to selected athletes.
2020/21 Hunter Academy of Sport Softball Squad