This program is proudly supported by:
NOMINATIONS CLOSED NOW FOR 2023!!
Closed February 12th 2023
The Hunter Academy of Sport Softball Talent Development Program operates as a development pathway for young Hunter Region softballers aspiring towards state selection. It offers advanced skill development and is conducted in collaboration with both the Newcastle & District Softball Association and Softball NSW. The program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport. Participants are also provided with information in sports education in areas such as, sport psychology, nutrition, injury management, strength and conditioning and motivation.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the softball program:
- Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
- High Performance Fitness Training & Strength & Conditioning Program
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Educational Sessions in Topics Such as Physiotherapy and Sports Psychology
- Participation in Inter-Academy Competitions run in conjunction with Softball NSW
To be eligible to apply for a position within the softball program, athletes must be:
- Athletes must be born in 2007, 2008 & 2009 to be eligible
- A resident within the Hunter region
- Attending School within the Hunter region
- A Financial Member of Softball NSW
Athletes who have been or are selection into Softball NSW U16 and/or U18 State Squads are eligible to participate within parts of the HAS Academy Program subject to the approval of Softball NSW.
The levy for the 2023 Softball program is $680 +GST which includes training sessions, education, strength & conditioning, inter-Academy tournaments & uniform.