This program is proudly supported by:
Head coach 15/16s Academy Squad: Kellyann Huggins & Sallie Partridge
Head coach 14s Development Squad: Nat Hilder
Coaching Staff : Kate Jenkins, Lisa Lewis, Selina McCabe, Miki Carr
Manager: Kiona Sunerton
The Netball Talent Development Program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education, as per the Netball Australia Develop a Diamond program.
Please note that the squad for 2019-2020 will be selected as follows:
- 14’s Age Group: Development only squad including all educational sessions, on court skill training and netball camp.
- 15’s & 16’s Group: Education sessions, on court skill training, netball camp and Targeted competition events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge Tournament
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2019-2020 Netball program:
- Skill Development Sessions Focused on the Skills Specific to Netball
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Athlete Education in Topics such as Nutririon, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching and Testing
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership
- Targeted Competition Events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge**
** 15’s & 16’s age group only. 14’s age group may be invited based on injury/application of the older age group during the program.
- Be aged between 14-16 years in the year of the scholarship program (born in 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
- Be a Current Registered Member of a Local Association
- Display the Potential to Progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
- Demonstrate a Dedication to Improving Performance
2020/21 Hunter Academy of Sport u15/16's Squad
2020/21 Hunter Academy of Sport u14's Squad