This program is supported by:
GE squad has been announced via email (Friday 2nd June)
XCO squad announcement to follow once nominations and race results are collated
- In 2023, the HAS Mountain Bike program will run as two separate disciplines: GE & XCO.
- Head Coach XCO: Jason English
- Head Coach GE: Damien Enderby
- Coaches will run the training for each of these programs on different schedules leading up to targeted events. All performance support elements such as Strength & Conditioning, Nutrition and Sport Psychology however will be run collectively. Athletes will be identified through School, State and National event results as well as demonstrated training commitment. Please ensure you summarise recent results and commitment in your nomination.
- A program levy applies for each discipline program will vary slightly dependant on athlete numbers and program schedules.
- Athletes in the following Cycling NSW Age groups:
- U15s (Born in 2008 & 2009)
- U17s (Born in 2006 & 2007)
- U19s (Born in 2004 & 2005)
Athletes must be a gold license holder of AusCycling
- Reside within the Hunter Region
- Attend School within the Hunter Region
- Registered with a Local Club/Association
- Athletes will be identified based on cycling performances over the last 12 months
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Athlete Education in Topics such as Nutrition and Sport Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching and Program
- Competition and Development Opportunities through targeted events
- Regional Inter-Academy training days TBC
A program and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
The Mountain Bike program will join a number of successful Hunter Academy of Sport Programs working in partnership with the relevant State Sporting Organisation to provide a talent program progressing athletes through Levels T1-T4 on the FTEM athlete development pathway (pictured below). More information on the FTEM Athlete Framwork NSW can be found HERE