This program is supported by:
2023/24 Program Nominations are now closed.
The Hunter Academy of Sport (HAS) Indoor Volleyball Program plays a vital role in the VNSW pathway by identifying, monitoring, and developing the skills of young volleyball players. Working closely with our neighbouring academies as part of Regional Academies of Sport (RAS), members of the squad will be exposed to expert coaching services, and sport specific education in areas such as strength and conditioning and nutrition.
We have worked closely with the State Sporting Organisation, Volleyball NSW, and the Hunter Volleyball Association (HVA), to develop the HAS Indoor Volleyball Program. This program will assist our athletes in taking the next step in their sporting careers. .
The main objective is to prepare and provide an opportunity for athletes to progress into the Youth Phoenix Program, including:
- Provide localised quality training for athletes and coaches across Sydney Metro and Regional NSW (previously delivered only through the centralised State Team program)
- Increase the education level of athletes through access to strength & conditioning services and sports education (e.g. nutrition, psychology)
- Increase the education level of coaches through the development of a combined coaching cohort, with State-wide content led by VNSW
- Provide a regional level representative championship opportunity within NSW
- Provide an opportunity for talent identification throughout NSW and therefore engage with more individuals
Trials will be held on Sunday 3rd December 2023 at Hunter Sports High.
- 9am - 11:30am - Boys
- 12pm - 2:30pm - Girls
Suitable athletes must fit the following criteria to trial:
- Hold a valid VNSW Membership
- Attend a trial for the Academy
- Born 2007- 2012
- U14 (12-13 years old)
- U16 (14-15 years old)
- U18 (16-17 years old) - Athletes can't turn 18 in 2024
Program Fees & Inclusions
There will be a 2023/24 Volleyball levy which includes all training sessions, education sessions, strength and conditioning and uniform.
Camps and Tournaments will have an additional levy
Athletes will undertake strength and conditioning and education, delivered by RAS endorsed and accredited coaches and presenters. Athletes will be educated based on a curriculum developed by the Hunter Academy of Sport.
Topics to be delivered will include (but are not limited to):
- Injury Prevention & Management
- Drugs in Sport
- Cyber Safety
- Sports Psychology
The schedule of education will be communicated through the Hunter Academy of Sport upon selection.