Hunter Region Sporting Hall of Fame
Nominations for the 2020 Hunter Region Sporting Hall of Fame have now closed.
Thankyou to everyone who has nominated for the 2020 intake. We are currently accessing all nominations & will be in contact in the near future.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION CRITERIA
Compulsory Requirements (Nominees must meet ALL of the following):
- Persons nominated must have represented Australia as an athlete or served as an appointed official at a national/international event
- Performances must be authorised events, . Contests endorsed by the Australian and International organisations controlling that particular sport.
- Nominees shall have completed their active participation and retired from top level competition.
- Nominees must have been born in the Hunter Region, have competed for a Hunter team/association or served as an official in a Hunter event before gaining honours elsewhere.
Hunter Region includes the following town councils:
- A sporting career that is widely recognised throughout Australia as outstanding will be considered a valid criterion. For example, AFL Football as a team sport unique to Australia provides no opportunity for international or individual championship honours but would be considered. Harness & Horse racing would also fall into this category.
- Won a recognised Open Australian Championship, or a World Championship, representing an Australian State or region
- The Committee reserves the right to consider individuals who do not meet the specific criteria for selection but whose sporting achievements are of such national and/or international significance to warrant inclusion – special resolution needing a 75% acceptance.
- Decisions of the Hunter Region Sporting Hall of Fame Committee are final. All selections of Inductees into The Hunter Region Sporting Hall of Fame shall be made at the discretion of the Committee.
- Unsuccessful applicants may be nominated for a second time for further consideration
- The Hunter Region Sporting Hall of Fame Committee has the power to nominate inductees
Important Note Regarding Nominations
To give your nomination the best chance of succeeding please make sure that you have completed the following:
- Your nominee has met the requirements set out in the guidelines above;
- The nomination form is filled out completely and correctly;
- The appropriate sporting branch or association current or otherwise is notified;
- A biography on the nominee is included in this form. This should include some history on the nominee both personal and sporting.
- As much other information as possible including news clippings, photos, letters, certificates, anything else you might think to be appropriate should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes:
- Olympic or International Record (if applicable) AND/OR
- Commonwealth Record (if applicable) AND/OR
- Australian Record (if applicable) AND/OR
- Other Statistics and Sporting Achievements AND/OR
- News clippings, other photos, letters, certificates, etc.
If you have any questions or problems with your nomination do not hesitate to contact the Academy via email on email@example.com