This program is supported by:
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Mark Ingrey
The purpose of the HAS golf program is to develop promising young golfers and assist their progress in game development. The Hunter Academy of Sport plays a vital role in the Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male & female golfers.
The program provides education in the following areas but is not limited to:
- Social media awareness & use
- Strength & Conditioning
- 3D Analysis
- Public Speaking
- Life Coaching
- Mental Approach
- Course Management
- Skills Tests
- Statistical Analysis
- Tournament Preparation & Play
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
• Monthly Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills. Sessions will predominantly run on Sundays and will be scheduled around key JNJG and Golf NSW tournament dates once released. The program runs from October 2021 - April 2022.
• Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
• Inter-Academy Camp with Regional Academies
• Educational Sessions in Topics such as: Physiotherapy, Sport Specific Strength & Conditioning
• Tournament Participation (JNJG International, Wagga Wagga Masters, Peter O’Malley Jnr Masters/Academy Challenge & Your Local Club Academy Games)
To be eligible to apply for a position, athletes must satisfy the below:
- Males and Females, 12 to 17 years of age in 2021 (ie. Born 2009 - 2004);
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Must be a current registered member of a NSW Golf Club in the Newcastle/Hunter Region;
- Must have a handicap of 10 and under for males / 15 and under for females*
- Must be ready and willing to undertake a structured development program
*As a guide
**If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a golf program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
2021/22 Golf Squad
Training venues utilised and we thank you for the support: