This program is supported by:
Nominations for the 2020-2021 program are NOW OPEN!
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Mark Ingrey
The purpose of the HAS golf program is to develop promising young golfers and assist their progress in game development. The Hunter Academy of Sport plays a vital role in the Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male & female golfers.
The program provides education in the following areas but is not limited to:
- Social media awareness & use
- Strength & Conditioning
- 3D Analysis
- Public Speaking
- Life Coaching
- Mental Approach
- Course Management
- Skills Tests
- Statistical Analysis
- Use of Apps
- Tournament Preparation & Play
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
• Monthly Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
• Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
• Educational Sessions in Topics such as: Physiotherapy, Sport Specific Strength & Conditioning
• Planet Fitness Gym Membership
• Tournament Participation (JNJG International, Wagga Wagga Masters, Peter O’Malley Jnr Masters/Academy Challenge & Your Local Club Academy Games)
To be eligible to apply for a position, athletes must satisfy the below:
- Males and Females, 12 to 17 years of age in 2020 (ie. Born 2008 - 2003);
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Must be a current registered member of a NSW Golf Club in the Newcastle/Hunter Region;
- Must have a handicap of 10 and under for males / 15 and under for females*
- Must be ready and willing to undertake a structured development program
*As a guide
**If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a golf program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST).
Training venues utilised and we thank you for the support: