This program is supported by:
Nominations for the 2024/25 Program will be open around August 2024
The purpose of the HAS golf program is to develop promising young golfers and assist their progress in game development. The Hunter Academy of Sport plays a vital role in the Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male & female golfers.
- Program Schedule: September – May (the North v South Challenge will be held in May 2024)
- Cost: A program levy and merchandise kit will be applied to selected athletes
- Nominate: Via the link on this page
- Initial strength and conditioning testing, followed by a review session.
- A performance support program, which includes a 6 week face to face strength and conditioning program delivered by highly qualified and specialist staff.
- Monthly training sessions at either Magenta Shores Golf Club or Cypress Lakes Golf Club.
- Tournament, Camps and Education opportunities, more detail upon acceptance to the program.
Selected athletes may attend the Your Local Club Academy Games (if selected and if agreed to attend, this is at an additional charge to the program).
- Access to network of specialised coaches
- Inter-Academy Camp with other Regional Academies
- Education sessions in topics such as physiotherapy, sport specific strength and conditioning
Head Coach: Mark Ingrey (JNJG)
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- The program fee ($350 +GST) covers athletes selected to the program will receive a minimum of 30 hours on-course training through a professional regular training schedule based program with an increased focus on error identification and correction, technology for superior golf, skill development, off course education, personal development and playing opportunities where athletes will represent HAS at annual major events including the Your Local Club Academy Games (selected squad) and Inter Academy Challenges
- Scholarship athletes will also receive a HAS merchandise kit including 2x polo shirts, crew socks, hat and backpack.
To be eligible to apply for a position, athletes must satisy the below:
- Males and females aged 12-17 years of age (Born 2012-2007)
- Reside within the Hunter Region*
- Attend school within the Hunter Region*
- Must be a current registered member of a NSW Golf Club in the Hunter Region with a valid Golf Link number
- Must be ready and willing to undertake a structured development program
- Preferred handicaps are from 10-12, preferably under 12 for males and 18 and under for female (although all athletes will be considered on merit and potential)
*If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a golf program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program