This program is supported by:
Nominations for the 2024/25 Program will open around August 2024
The HAS cycling program is endorsed by AusCycling NSW as the first step in the elite athlete pathway. This Program provides recognition and motivation to identified emerging talented athletes 13-18 years of age with a stated goal to achieve State and NSWIS selection, and ultimate progression through to National Team selection by following the FTEM high performance pathway. The program sits between local representative cycling and higher order representation.
Head Coach: Alan Chapman
The HAS cycling talent development program in 2023/24 will focus on Track training from Late September/Early October 2023 - March 2024.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- Twice Weekly Track Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
- Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
- Athlete Education in Topics such as Nutrition and Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching and Program
- Competition Entry and Development Camp Opportunities
A program levy and a uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
- Athletes must be eligible in the following AusCycling Age groups: U15s, U17 & U19 age category in 2024 (Born 2005-2010)
- Reside within the Hunter Region
- Attend School within the Hunter Region
- Registered with a Local Club/Association and a current financial member of AusCycling
The following selection criteria may be taken into consideration during the selection process:
- Performance and results at specific events
- Physical attributes and capabilities
- Potential to improve
- Competitive ability
- Individual application
- Coachability and behaviour