This program is proudly supported by:
Nominations for the 2022/23 program are now OPEN! Click HERE to nominate
This Program provides Hunter-based athletes with further individual development exposure that will assist in their chances of future state and higher senior representative honours. It is open to Male and Female Basketball athletes from bottom age Under 14s to top age Under 16s who are registered with a Basketball NSW affiliated association competing in the NSW Country Championship League (CCL), NSW Eastern Junior League (EJL) or Northern Junior League (NJL).
- Athletes must be born in years 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Athletes must be able to play in BNSW endorsed competition in U14 or U16 age group in 2023.
- Athletes must be residents of the Hunter Region and a current financial member of both their Local Association and Basketball NSW.
The program is part of the BNSW athlete pathway and represents the Developing Athlete Program (DAP Program). The second tier of the BNSW pathway, the State Performance Program (SPP) may not be announced prior to our trials so all athletes are encouraged to nominate for DAP in the first instance, EVEN IF APPLYING FOR SPP.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the basketball program:
- Over 25 Hrs of On-Court Sessions to Further Develop Skills
- Strength & Conditioning Fitness Program
- Athlete Education in Sport Specific Topics Such as Nutrition & Psychology
- Your Local Club Academy Games Tournament (Selected Athletes Only)
- Inter-Academy Training Sessions - Due to the current COVID-19 landscape, the final schedule for the Basketball program is still to be confirmed. Sessions will be planned for Thursdays approximately once a week from November - December with sessions in Ferburary and March scheduled around the representative calendar once released. These sessions are subject to change.