This program is supported by:
2023 Nominations are now closed and the team has been selected
Program Coordinator: Ian Hook
The Hunter Academy of Sport Baseball Talent Development program, in partnership with Newcastle Baseball aims to identify, develop and provide pathways to athletes in the Hunter Region. This baseball program includes performance support including strength and conditioning testing & programs, nutrition and sports psychology support. The focus is to develop the athlete holistically with sessions away from the diamond as well as training sessions for skill development.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- Weekly Intensive Training environment (Thursdays: October – December)
- Targeted Strength & Conditioning Testing
- S&C Home programs
- Nutrition and Hydration Advice
- Sport Psychology education
- Access to recommended HAS providers such as Physiotherapy & Podiatry
- Athletes must be 13-17 years of age in 2023
- Registered with a Local Club/Association
- Reside in the Hunter or Central Coast Region
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes.