Aussie Rules Talent
Stay tuned for further information on our 2021/22 AFL Program
Historically, The Regional Academy of Sport’s Aussie Rules Talent program has played a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region. Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements, as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
This Summer, In partnership with AFL Hunter/Central Coast, a “Team of the Year” will be named at the completion of the AFL season where athletes will be invited into a summer training squad based on their performance throughout the season. Selected athletes will train throughout November – April concluding the program with a matchplay opportunity at the 2021 Your Local Club Academy Games.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the Aussie Rules program:
- Training sessions for skill development (approximately 5 sessions prior to Christmas shutdown and 5 session in Feb/March)
- Matchplay opportunity: April 17 & 18 2021 at the Your Local Club Academy Games
- Athletes will also be provided with face to face educational opportunities such as: Strength and conditioning, Nutrition, Sport Psychology, AFL recruitment advice and more
- Inter-Academy Sessions with Central Coast Academy of Sport
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership
- Access to all Hunter Academy of Sport providers
- Access to further online educational modules
Female and Male squads will be invited in the age groups of under 13, 15 & 17’s.
- U13s (Born 2007 & 2008)
- U15s (Born 2005 & 2006)
- U17s (Born 2003 & 2004)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local AFL club/association
- Selections will be made based on a voting system implemented and collated across the 2021 Hunter/Central Coast AFL League. Invitations will be sent to identified athletes.
A program & uniform levy will be applicable to invited athletes.