Aussie Rules Talent
Nominations for the Aussie Rules Program Are OPEN!
Please review the below criteria and click HERE to nominate
Nominations close Friday 8th October. We are constantly monitoring the NSW health advice and all necessary information (including trial information, program schedules & format etc) will be communicated as soon as confirmed.
The aim of the Aussie Rules Talent Program is to:
- To provide an opportunity for selection into the Swans Academy program via an annual Regional Academy of Sport (RAS) Talent ID Aussie Rules Carnival. More information regarding this partnership can be found HERE
- Create an underpinning development program within the Swans Academy Regional Catchment areas with the aim for athletes to push for selection in the Talent ID Carnival to be held each year.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the Aussie Rules program:
- Regional Talent Identification Carnival, Inter-Academy Competition. Date of carnival TBC pending COVID-19 restrictions in NSW
- Training sessions for skill development Approx. 10 weeks of training in total (October - December 2021)
- Athletes will also be provided with face to face educational opportunities such as: Strength and conditioning, Nutrition, Sport Psychology, AFL recruitment advice and more
- Access to all Hunter Academy of Sport providers
- Athletes must reside in the Hunter Region
- Two squads of 15 Athletes each will be selected in U14s & U16s Age groups (2 Boys Squads, 2 Girls Squads)
- Athletes must be U14 years of age (Born 2008 & 2007) or U16 years of age (Born 2006 & 2005)
- We are currently working with the Sydney Swans Academy for clarification on inclusion of current Swans Academy athletes and as such, we recommend all athletes nominate for this program at this time with further updates to be communicated.
Please keep an eye on this website for full details on Trials to be updated soon pending COVID-19 restrictions in NSW
A program & uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.