This program is proudly supported by:
Nominations for the 2020-2021 Development (under 12's) programs are NOW OPEN!
DATE: Wednesday, 21st October
The AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region. Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements, as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Monthly Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills - due to the current COVID-19 landscape, the final schedule for the AFL Development program is still to be confirmed. Sessions will be planned for Sundays approximately once a month from October 2020 - April 2021. These sessions are subject to change.
- Education in Topics such as: Physiotherapy, Strength & Conditioning, Sports Psychology & Nutrition
- Inter-Academy Sessions with Central Coast Academy of Sport
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership
- Academy Games Participation (TBC)
To be eligible to apply for a position within the AFL program, athletes must be:
- Males & Females 10-11 years of age in 2020 (i.e born in 2009 & 2010) - NB: there will be both a Male and Female squad selected
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local AFL club/association
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
Talent Programs (under 12's & up)
Please keep an eye on this page for further information about the Aussie Rules Talent Programs for older age groups.The selection process will be circulated shortly. To submit an expression of interest in this program, please click HERE