This program is proudly offered in partnership with Central Coast Academy of Sport
The Hunter Academy of Sport program will help assist identified athletes to access quality holistic educational development opportunities delivered by professionals with a view to:
- Identify talented athletes
- Enhance opportunities for selection into state development squads and state teams/ squads
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events
- Increase athlete exposure to sports science and personal development and education
Scholarship athletes are selected from local Hunter athletics clubs and receive the associated benefits of being a scholarship holder through HAS in the anticipation of progressing further through to state and national selection. The Athletics program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport.
- 13 – 20 years of age as of 31st December 2020 (University students aged 20 to 25 are also eligible)
- Currently residing in the Hunter Region
- A current registered member of Athletics NSW or willing to join Athletics NSW for the next season
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within track or field
- Athletes must submit results from recent Athletics meets. See below for selection details
- Each applicant is reviewed by a selected panel of HAS administrators and invited representatives. The minimum performance requirement guide is demonstrated via the entry matrix for Regional Academy athletes set by Athletics NSW and can be found here: Regional Academy Entry Matrix.
The online Program will provide out of competition expert advice in an online forum via specialist consultants including:
- Strength & Conditioning
- Injury prevention, management and treatment advice
- Sport Psychology
- Public Speaking
Click HERE for program calendar.
$80 + gst