Nominations for the 2023 Program will open mid 2023 - stay tuned for more info!
The Hunter Academy of Sport program will help assist identified athletes to access quality holistic development opportunities delivered by professionals with a view to:
- Identify talented athletes
- Enhance opportunities for selection into state development squads and state teams/ squads
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events
- Increase athlete exposure to sports science and personal development and education
Scholarship athletes are selected from local Hunter athletics clubs and receive the associated benefits of being a scholarship holder through HAS in the anticipation of progressing further through to state and national selection. The Athletics program follows the FTEM Model of pathway development, from Foundation, Talent, Elite and Mastery of the sport.
- Regional Targeted Talent Program - aged 14-17 years old (born 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006)
- Development Athlete Program - aged 11-14 years old (born 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Currently residing in the Hunter Region
- A current registered member of Athletics NSW or willing to join Athletics NSW for the next season
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within track or field
- Athletes must submit results from recent Athletics meets.
The 2023 athletics Program will consist of the following:
4 face-to-face training sessions + 6 Strength & Conditioning sessions for skill development acorss approx 12 weeks throughout May-October 2023.
Athletes will also be provided with face to face educational opportunities such as: Strength and conditioning, Nutrition, Sport Psychology, and more
Access to all Hunter Academy of Sport providers
Click HERE for a DRAFT calender
$420 + GST.
This includes all education sessions including strength & conditioning, nutrition, sport psychology, specialised coaching and uniforms (tshirt, singlet, crew socks, backpack)