The 2019/20 Program is currently running
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Nicky Western
The HAS triathlon program forms an integral component of the Triathlon Athlete Development Pathway. This program is designed to assist the individual athlete's development so that they progress further in the sport with a strong focus on providing greater skill development, strength and conditioning support and physical preparation.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to the sport of triathlon (bike, run, swim);
- access to a network of specialised coaches;
- athlete education in topics such as: psychology, Leadership and Sports Nutrition
- strength and conditioning testing and feedback;
- competing in events such as, NSW State Junior Series races, Your Local Club Academy Games, and the TA Youth Championships.
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership (1 year)
- Access to Recovery Clinic and recommended Physiotherapists
- Squad Inter-Academy Camp with CCAS
- Point Score Series with CCAS through local race meet opportunities
- Training Peaks tracking of athlete development
- Optional Camp opportunity in Orange for Draft Legal Race Series
Click Key Program Dates for Draft program calender. NB this calendar is subject to change
Each athlete will be outfitted with an Academy polo, and tracksuit. The uniform is to be worn at all squad sessions (training and educational) and is to be worn at competitions and events.
- Age group: Atheltes must be born between 2002 -2007.
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local club/association;
- Be motivated and have the potential to progress through the TNSW Athlete development pathway;
- Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance;
- Be able to commit to all planned HAS program events
2019/20 Hunter Academy of Sport Triathlon Squad