This program is proudly supported by
The 2019/2020 Program is currently running.
Please note that the 2019 Surfing squad will no longer be managed by a nominations process, but instead athletes will be selected by invitation only.
Coach: Dan Frodsham
This program is designed to support the developmental needs of the Hunter's young talented surfers in a high performance training environment.
Regular sessions will be held at various venues primarily throughout the Hunter Region including Redhead, Merewether, Bar Beach and the Port Stephens area. Eligible athletes will be exposed to high level competitions along the key pathway events of Regional titles and State titles. A selection panel will assess each application.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2019 program:
- training sessions to further develop skills
- access to a network of specialised coaches
- education sessions in sports science topics
- competing in targeted events: Regional and State titles
- Camp at the Surfing Australia High Performance Centre (tbc)