Rugby Sevens (boys & girls)
Nominations will open soon.
The Rugby Sevens program plays a vital role in the NSW Rugby Sevens pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male and female Rugby Sevens players in the Hunter Region.
The program will consist of on field Sevens specific training, fitness and athlete education as outlined by the ARU and the NSWRU. The program will expose players to elite Sevens competition at targeted tournaments and give athletes opportunities to be identified by NSW and Australian youth program coaches.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2016-2017 program:
- a minimum of 25 hours of on field skills training to further develop skills
- a minimum of 6 hours of athlete education
- access to a network of specialised coaches and consultants
- strength and conditioning program
- targeted competition events, such as ClubsNSW Academy Games and Australian Invitational Youth Games (AIYG)
- access to NSW Waratahs 7’s coaching staff
To be eligible to apply for a position within the Rugby Sevens program, athletes must be:
- Males and Females turning 14, 15, 16 and 17 in 2017, or born in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school or work within the Hunter Region
This program is proudly supported by