The 2017/18 Program is currenly running.
Head Coach: Christine Whitehead
Netball NSW (NNSW) is committed to supporting umpires in their development by providing opportunities to increase their knowledge; gain experience; and develop and extend their personal attributes and competencies. NNSW will support the Regional Academies of Sport (RAS) for the development and support of pre-elite netball umpires.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Provide a training environment that allows the pre-elite umpires the opportunity to access quality services and programs as they progress through the NNSW Umpire pathway.
- Implement the NNSW Umpire program, as set by NNSW in conjunction with the Netball Australia (NA) Umpire pathway.
- Prepare umpires for National badge accreditation awards.
- Provide umpire education and promote continuous improvement to develop the regions umpires.
As an integral component of the NNSW Umpire pathway, HAS will deliver a program that supports identified talented umpires to access quality education and development opportunities delivered by professional and specialised service providers in a well-managed, monitored and controlled environment.
The HAS Umpire program will consist of on court & in field training, fitness program and education.
Umpires must be from within the Hunter Academy of Sport (HAS) catchment area and meet minimum pre-requisite of:
- Be aged between 14-20 years of age in the year of the program
- Be working towards a National C or B badge
- Associations must sign off on umpire applications
- Display the potential to progress through the NNSW & NA Umpire pathway
- Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Program outline (draft)
- Fitness Testing Sessions
- On court training Sessions
- Education sessions in conjunction with the 2017/2018 Netball squad
- State League Netball Competition *
- NSW Netball Regional Academy Camp ***
- Clubs NSW Academy Games **
- Australian Invitational Youth Games **
*** NSW Regional Academy Netball Camp subject to Netball NSW dates and confirmation
** Note: all umpires will be required to attend each session, however, a limited number of umpires may be selected to attend the Academy Games & Australian Invitational Youth Games. This decision will be under the discretion of the coach
* Please note State League dates aren't realised until early 2018. (State League coaching for umpires participating at State League games, umpires not participating can attend to observe).
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes and a uniform levy will also be applicable (inc. GST).
Costs not covered in program levy:
- Travel to and from training days, Youth/Academy Games, and Awards night. HAS encourages carpooling to share the travel cost/time.
- Accommodation for training days, Youth/Academy Games, and Awards night (if needed).
- Lunch and snacks at training days
- Sundries (i.e strapping tape)
The 2017/18 Netball Umpire Program
This program is proudly supported by: