This program is proudly supported by
The 2019-2020 program is currently running. Nominations for the 2020-2021 program will open in October 2020.
Submit your expression of interest HERE
Coaching Staff: Christine Whitehead & Sarah Bain
Netball NSW (NNSW) is committed to supporting umpires in their development by providing opportunities to increase their knowledge; gain experience; and develop and extend their personal attributes and competencies. NNSW will support the Regional Academies of Sport (RAS) for the development and support of pre-elite netball umpires.
The purpose of the program is to:
• Provide a training environment that allows the pre-elite umpires the opportunity to access quality services and programs as they progress through the NNSW Umpire pathway.
• Implement the NNSW Umpire program, as set by NNSW in conjunction with the Netball Australia (NA) Umpire pathway.
• Prepare umpires for National badge accreditation awards.
• Provide umpire education and promote continuous improvement to develop the regions umpires.
As an integral component of the NNSW Umpire pathway, HAS will deliver a program that supports identified talented umpires to access quality education and development opportunities delivered by professional and specialised service providers in a well-managed, monitored and controlled environment.
The HAS Umpire program will consist of on court & in field training, fitness program and education.
Umpires must be from within the Hunter Academy of Sport (HAS) catchment area and meet minimum pre-requisite of:
• Be aged between 14-20 years of age in the year of the program
• Be working towards a National C or B badge
• Associations must sign off on umpire applications
• Display the potential to progress through the NNSW & NA Umpire pathway
• Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Program Outline (draft)
• Fitness Testing Sessions
• On Court Training Sessions
• Education sessions in conjunction with the 2019/2020 Netball squad
• State League Netball Competition *
• Your Local Club Academy Games **
• NSW Netball Regional Academy Camp TBC ***
* Please note State League dates aren't realised until early 2019. (State League coaching for umpires participating at State League games, umpires not participating can attend to observe).
** All umpires will be required to attend each session, however, a limited number of umpires may be selected to attend the Academy Games. This decision will be under the discretion of the coach
*** NSW Regional Academy Netball Camp subject to Netball NSW dates and confirmation
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes and a uniform levy will also be applicable (inc. GST).
2019/20 Hunter Academy of Sport Netball Umpire Program