This program is proudly supported by:
The 2018/2019 Netball Program is currently running. Nominations for the 2020 Program will open in October.
Please note: Trial dates for the 2019/2020 program have been set for: Saturday 30th November (Phase 1) & Sunday 1st December (Phase 2) at Hunter Sports High School
Submit your expresson of interest HERE for next year's program.
Head coach: Angela Samuels, Sallie Partridge
Coaching Staff : Rachel Oldknow, Kate Jenkins, Kelly Ann Grayson, Lisa Lewis
Squad Manager: Sarah Leoniuk
The netball talent development program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education, as per the Netball Australia Develop a Diamond program.
Please note that the squad for 2017-2018 will be selected as follows:
• 14’s Age Group: Development only squad including all educational sessions, on court skill training and netball camp.
• 15’s & 16’s Group: Education sessions, on court skill training, netball camp and Targeted competition events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge Tournament
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2017-2018 Netball program:
• Skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to Netball
• Access to a network of specialised coaches;
• Athlete education in topics such as: Nutririon, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
• Strength and conditioning coaching and Testing
• Targeted competition events, such as Your local club Academy Games and Academy Challenge**
** 15’s & 16’s age group only. 14’s age group may be invited based on injury/application of the older age group during the program.
• Be aged between 14-16 years in the year of the scholarship program (born in 2003, 2004, 2005)
• Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
• Be a current registered member of a local Association
• Display the potential to progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
• Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
2018/19 Hunter Academy of Sport 14's Development Squad
Ellie Grace Mackey
Georgie – Annah Elder
2018/19 Hunter Academy of Sport Squad