This program is proudly supported by:
The 2020 program is currently running
Head coach: Angela Samuels, Sallie Partridge
Coaching Staff : Rachel Oldknow, Kate Jenkins, Kelly Ann Grayson, Lisa Lewis, Selina McCabe
The netball talent development program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education, as per the Netball Australia Develop a Diamond program.
Please note that the squad for 2019-2020 will be selected as follows:
• 14’s Age Group: Development only squad including all educational sessions, on court skill training and netball camp.
• 15’s & 16’s Group: Education sessions, on court skill training, netball camp and Targeted competition events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge Tournament
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2019-2020 Netball program:
• Skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to Netball
• Access to a network of specialised coaches;
• Athlete education in topics such as: Nutririon, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
• Strength and conditioning coaching and Testing
• Targeted competition events, such as Your local club Academy Games and Academy Challenge**
** 15’s & 16’s age group only. 14’s age group may be invited based on injury/application of the older age group during the program.
• Be aged between 14-16 years in the year of the scholarship program (born in 2004, 2005, 2006)
• Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
• Be a current registered member of a local Association
• Display the potential to progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
• Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
2019/20 Hunter Academy of Sport Netball Development Program
2019/20 Hunter Academy of Sport Netball Talent Program