The 2017/18 Netball Program is currently running.
Head coach: Maria Hoad
Coaches: Angela Samuels, Sallie Partridge
Squad manager: Kylie Hoad
The netball talent development program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education, as per the Netball Australia Develop a Diamond program.
Please note that the squad for 2017-2018 will be selected as follows:
• 14’s Age Group: Development only squad including all educational sessions, on court skill training and netball camp.
• 15’s & 16’s Group: Education sessions, on court skill training, netball camp and Targeted competition events, such as ClubsNSW Academy Games and Australian Invitational Youth Games (AIYG) Greater netball tournament (subject to training application and performance).
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2017-2018 Netball program:
• Skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to Netball
• Access to a network of specialised coaches;
• Athlete education in topics such as: Nutririon, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
• Strength and conditioning coaching and Testing
• Targeted competition events, such as ClubsNSW Academy Games and Australian Invitational Youth Games (AIYG) Greater netball tournament**
** 15’s & 16’s age group only. 14’s age group may be invited based on injury/application of the older age group during the program.
• Be aged between 14-16 years in the year of the scholarship program (born in 2002, 2003, 2004)
• Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
• Be a current registered member of a local Association
• Display the potential to progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
• Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
U/15's & 16's Hunter Academy of Sport Netball Squad
U/14's Hunter Academy of Sport Development Netball Squad
Enquire HERE for next year's program.
This program is proudly supported by: