This program is proudly supported by:
The 2012/20 Hunter Academy of Sport Greater Bank Netball Program is now calling for nominations - click HERE to nominate
Nominations will close on Sunday, 24th November
Phase 1 ALL NEW ATHLETES: Saturday 30th November
Phase 2 INVITED ATHLETES FROM PHASE 1 15/16s ONLY & RETURNING ATHLETES: Sunday December 1st
Both trials will be held at Hunter Sports High School from 8:30am-3:30pm
An email will be sent in the week of trials confirming details.
Head coach: Angela Samuels, Sallie Partridge
Coaching Staff : Rachel Oldknow, Kate Jenkins, Kelly Ann Grayson, Lisa Lewis
The netball talent development program plays a vital role in the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young netball players. The program will consist of on court skills training, fitness and athlete education, as per the Netball Australia Develop a Diamond program.
Please note that the squad for 2019-2020 will be selected as follows:
• 14’s Age Group: Development only squad including all educational sessions, on court skill training and netball camp.
• 15’s & 16’s Group: Education sessions, on court skill training, netball camp and Targeted competition events, such as Your Local Club Academy Games and Academy Challenge Tournament
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2019-2020 Netball program:
• Skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to Netball
• Access to a network of specialised coaches;
• Athlete education in topics such as: Nutririon, Sports Psychology, Motivation, Leadership and Load Management
• Strength and conditioning coaching and Testing
• Targeted competition events, such as Your local club Academy Games and Academy Challenge**
** 15’s & 16’s age group only. 14’s age group may be invited based on injury/application of the older age group during the program.
• Be aged between 14-16 years in the year of the scholarship program (born in 2004, 2005, 2006)
• Reside within the Hunter Region LGAs (including Greater Taree)
• Be a current registered member of a local Association
• Display the potential to progress through the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway
• Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance
Netball NSW Athlete Pathway