Program Coordinator: Jason Stokes
This program plays a vital role in the NSW Lawn Bowls pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young lawn bowlers. The HAS lawn bowls program is a stepping stone for athletes to make the transition between being a successful club and school athlete, to that of a senior athlete who will be part of experiences such as, state and national representative teams and competition. As part of the Academy, an athlete will not only receive bowling instruction but also vital information from industry specialists in areas such as sports psychology, nutrition, and strength and conditioning. From this lawn bowlers will be learning about a variety of areas that make up an elite athlete.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- competing in local tournaments;
- access to a network of specialised coaches;
- education sessions in sports medicine topics;
- strength and conditioning fitness program
- Males and females 15-25 years of age in 2020 (born 2005 - 1995)
- Reside* within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school, University or work within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local lawn bowls club/association;
- Currently competing at regional level
* If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a lawn bowls program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to successful athletes.
2019/20 Lawn Bowls Squad