International Children's Games 2020
to be held in Kecskemet, Hungary
To apply to be a member of Team Lake Macquarie 2020 please complete the application form HERE by Monday, 18th November 2019.
What are the International Children’s Games (ICG)?
The International Children’s Games were founded in 1968 in Celje, Slovenia to ‘enable, develop, and advance the meeting, understanding and friendship of students from different countries and promote the Olympic ideal’.
The Games brings together an alliance of cities and individuals from around the globe who have a common goal of forming friendships and peace through sport.
Lake Macquarie was the first City in the southern hemisphere to host the games, winning the bid in 2010 to host the 48th Summer International Children’s Games in December 2014, which was an exciting opportunity for our region and state and an abundance of success for the City.
The 54th International Children's Games will be held over five days from Tuesday 30th June to Sunday 5th July 2020 in Kecskemet, Hungary. Lake Macquarie City Council in partnership with the Hunter Academy of Sport will be sending Team Lake Macquarie to the Games.
As part of the 2020 Games Team Lake Macquarie selection, we are calling for expression of interest from athletes and coaches in the following sports:
- Athletics (Track and Field)
ICG provides a unique opportunity for young local athletes to compete in international competition, make new friends and through a shared love of sport, develop an understanding and respect for people from other cultures.
For more information on Kecskemet and the 2020 International Children’s Games please download the official flyer HERE
2019 Team Lake Macquarie in Russia
Conditions of Entry:
- All athletes must be 12 through 15 years old to participate in the Games. Only athletes born 2005, 2006, 2007 may compete,
- Entry is restricted to those athletes who reside in the Lake Macquarie LGA, or athletes who attend school in that LGA,
- Athletes must be of a member of a local Club and be competing regularly in their sport,
- Athletes must be able to show evidence of achievement of a notable personal best performance,
- Where more athletes have applied than positions available in the team, the age of the athlete and future ICG opportunity will be taken into consideration as well as recorded performance,
- Selection is at full discretion of the Lake Macquarie City Council ICG committee,
- The decision over selection made by the ICG committee will be final and there will be no process for appeal.
We are seeking experienced coaches to volunteer for the role of Head Coach Team Lake Macquarie in each of the above sports. You will be involved in the recruitment and team selection, training schedules and supervision of the athletes for the duration of the Games, which will include staying onsite at the athlete’s village. You will also be required to attend team meetings and liaise with the ICG 2020 Technical Committee.
What are the Costs to Attend?
At this point in time, the all-inclusive levy will be;
Athletes: $4070pp twin
Parents and supporters: $4490pp twin / $5360 pp single
This levy will include the following;
- Coach transfer from Lake Mac Council to Sydney Airport
- Flights (Singapore airways) Sydney to Budapest including taxes
- 3 nights @ Mercure Budapest Castle Hill including breakfast
- Budapest sightseeing
- 5 nights @ Aranyhomok City and Wellness Hotel Kecskemet including breakfast (Parents/supporters only)
- Transfers to/from Budapest Airport & Kecskemet hotel
Athlete/coach costs for meals, accommodation and transportation are covered by the host city for the duration of the Games.
Firm costings will be known when final numbers are determined. Athletes will also be required to purchase uniform. There will be some team fundraising to assist in these athlete costs. Athletes and coaches are expected to participate in fundraising events.
Parents and supporters are more than welcome to join the tour. Unaccompanied athletes will be under the care of Head of Delegation and coaches.
Team Lake Mac Preparation:
We will hold regular information meetings (monthly) for Parents and Athletes from the beginning of Term 1 2020 until our departure in late June. In addition we are organising a Team Building Camp (full day) for Athletes and Coaches to be held in the final weekend of the April school holidays. This day will be vital in our preparation of travelling athletes and will compulsory for all team members. Coaching staff will communicate their own schedule of training sessions to athletes competing in each sport.
- Team members are required to attend all scheduled team activities.
Athletes - To register your interest for this opportunity, please apply online HERE
Coaches - please email your expression of interest with details of relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close on Monday 18 November 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Karen Turner | Commercial Operations Manager
M 0407 579445
Hunter Academy of Sport
Administration Building, 294 Turton Road Broadmeadow, NSW 2305