The 2017/18 Hockey Program is currently running.
Head coaches: Ben Brown & Sally Schmidt
Manager: Jo Wilson
The Hunter Academy of Sport (HAS) hockey program plays a vital role in the Hockey NSW pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young hockey players.
The HAS hockey program forms an underpinning program for the Hockey NSW Athlete Acceleration Program (AAP) that can see athletes progress through the athlete pathway and be given the support they need to progress to the next level. Members of the squad will be exposed to expert coaching services, and sport specific education in areas such as, physiotherapy and nutrition.
Athlete Eligibility Criteria
- 16-18 year olds (born in 2002, 2001 or 2000)
- Not a scholarship holder in the Hockey NSW AAP for the same term
- Selected based on the Academy’s defined local government boundaries (HAS accepts athletes outside of our LGAs if your Academy is not offering a program)
- Must reside and/or go to school or play, in these areas to qualify for selection. With residential being the primary selection criteria.
- All athletes are to be registered Hockey NSW athletes with an Association in NSW being the primary Association as at July 01
- Athletes can only be scholarship holders in one Academy and the scholarships are based on an annual basis.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the hockey program:
- Over 30 hours of skill development
- Minimum 6 hours of athlete education including Nutrition and Sport Psychology
- Fitness testing/strength and conditioning program
- Targeted Goal Keeper coaching
- ClubsNSW Academy Games (inter regional academy competition)
- Inter-Academy training days/camps
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes and a uniform levy will also be applicable (inc. GST).
The 2017/18 Girls Hockey Squad
The 2017/18 Boys Hockey Squad
Enquire HERE for next year's program.
2017 ClubsNSW Academy Games, Central Coast
This program is supported by: