This program is sponsored by:
The 2019-2020 program is currently running. Nominations for the 2020-2021 program will open in August 2020.
Submit your expression of interest HERE
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Mark Ingrey
The purpose of the HAS golf program is to develop promising young golfers and assist their progress in game development. The Hunter Academy of Sport plays a vital role in the Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male & female golfers.
The program provides education in the following areas but is not limited to:
- Social media awareness & use
- Strength & conditioning
- 3D analysis
- Public speaking
- Life coaching
- Mental approach
- Course management
- Skills tests
- Statistical analysis
- Use of apps
- Tournament preparation & play
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- access to a network of specialised coaches;
- educational sessions in topics such as: physiotherapy, sport specific strength & conditioning, and motivation;
- tournament participation (JNJG International, Wagga Wagga Masters, Peter O’Malley Jnr Masters/Academy Challenge & Your Local Club Academy Games)
To be eligible to apply for a position, athletes must satisfy the below:
- Males and females, 11 to 17 years of age in 2020 (ie. Born 2009- 2003);
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Must be a current registered member of a NSW Golf Club in the Newcastle/Hunter Region;
- Must have a handicap of 10 and under for males / 15 and under for females*
- Must be ready and willing to undertake a structured development program
*As a guide
**If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a golf program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST).
Training venues utilised and we thank you for the support: