This program is sponsored by:
Nominations for the 2020-2021 program will open in August 2020.
Submit your expression of interest HERE
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Mark Ingrey
The purpose of the HAS golf program is to develop promising young golfers and assist their progress in game development. The Hunter Academy of Sport plays a vital role in the Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young male & female golfers.
The program provides education in the following areas but is not limited to:
• Social media awareness & use
• Strength & Conditioning
• 3D Analysis
• Public Speaking
• Life Coaching
• Mental Approach
• Course Management
• Skills Tests
• Statistical Analysis
• Use of Apps
• Tournament Preparation & Play
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
• Monthly Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
• Access to a Network of Specialised Coaches
• Educational Sessions in Topics such as: Physiotherapy, Sport Specific Strength & Conditioning
• Tournament Participation (JNJG International, Wagga Wagga Masters, Peter O’Malley Jnr Masters/Academy Challenge & Your Local Club Academy Gamesmes)
To be eligible to apply for a position, athletes must satisfy the below:
• Males and Females, 11 to 17 years of age in 2020 (ie. Born 2010- 2004);
• Reside within the Hunter Region;
• Attend school within the Hunter Region;
• Must be a current registered member of a NSW Golf Club in the Newcastle/Hunter Region;
• Must have a handicap of 10 and under for males / 15 and under for females*
• Must be ready and willing to undertake a structured development program
*As a guide
**If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a golf program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST).
Training venues utilised and we thank you for the support: