The 2017/18 Cycling Program is currently running.
Head Coach: Ross Hayter
Manger: Rebecca Mason
This program provides recognition and motivation to identified emerging talented athletes 13-18 years of age with a stated goal to achieve NSWIS selection, and ultimate progression through to National Team selection by following the FTEM high performance pathway.
The HAS cycling talent development program runs all year with annual intake starting in July with nominations and then officially restarting the program in October.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- weekly training sessions to further develop skills;
- access to a network of specialised coaches;
- athlete education in topics such as: nutrition, and psychology;
- strength and conditioning coaching/program;
- competition entry and development camps
A program levy and a uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST).
- Age group: athlete turning 13-18 years of age (born in between 2005 - 2000)
- Athletes must be gold license holders of Cycling Australia;
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local club/association;
The 2018/18 Cycling Squad
Enquire HERE for next year's program.
This program is supported by: