AFL Girls 14-16 Years
This program is proudly supported by
Head Coach: Zack Hearn
The Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition and motivation to identified emerging talented athletes in the U14-16 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection into the NSW/ACT U16's squad. The Program will provide coaching, education, training and competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
- Develop fundamental skill level of athletes, as well aas providing educational and personal development opportunities
- Prepare athletes to a leavel where their transition to any NSW State team is 'seamless'
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in Female AFL nationwide
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Weekly training sessions to further develop skills: running from March - August 2018 (20 weeks total)
- Sepcialised athlete sessions including Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition and Sports Psychology
- Academy Games (inter- academy Tournament) Entry
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
- Female 14, 15 or 16 years of age in 2018 (i.e born in 2004, 2003, 2002)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- No AFL club experience necessary.
The levy for this program is set at $250.
2018 Hunter Academy of Sport AFL Girls Team
Enquire HERE for next year's program