AFL Girls 14-16 Years
Nominations Close: Thursday, 8th February 2018.
Trials: Monday, 12th February 2018. Venue and Time (evening) TBC.
Program Coordinator & Coaching Staff TBC
We are currently accepting Expressions of Interest for coaching positions. Please click here to register your interest.
The Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition and motivation to identified emerging talented athletes in the U14-16 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection into the NSW/ACT U16's squad. The Program will provide coaching, education, training and competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
- Develop fundamental skill level of athletes, as well aas providing educational and personal development opportunities
- Prepare athletes to a leavel where their transition to any NSW State team is 'seamless'
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in Female AFL nationwide
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Weekly training sessions to further develop skills: running from March - August 2018 (20 weeks total)
- Sepcialised athlete sessions including Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition and Sports Psychology
- Academy Games (inter- academy Tournament) Entry
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
- Female 14, 15 or 16 years of age in 2018 (i.e born in 2004, 2003, 2002)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- No AFL club experience necessary.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.
This program is proudly supported by