AFL Female Talent
This program is proudly supported by
The 2018 Program has finished. The 2018/19 Program will open for nominations in October.
Head Coach: Zack Hearn
The Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition and motivation to identified emerging talented athletes in the U15-16 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection into the NSW/ACT U16's squad. The Program will provide coaching, education, training and competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
- Develop fundamental skill level of athletes, as well aas providing educational and personal development opportunities
- Prepare athletes to a leavel where their transition to any NSW State team is 'seamless'
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in Female AFL nationwide
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Weekly training sessions to further develop skills: running from November 2018 - April 2019 TBC
- Sepcialised athlete sessions including Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition and Sports Psychology
- Academy Games (inter- academy Tournament) Entry
The program levy is TBC
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
- Female 15 or 16 years of age in 2019 (i.e born in 2004 or 2003)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- No AFL club experience necessary.
Enquire HERE for next year's program