AFL Female Talent
This program is proudly supported by
The 2018/19 Program has finished. Please keep an this page for any updates on the 2019/20 Program.
The Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition and motivation to identify emerging talented athletes in the U15-18 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection into the NSW/ACT U16's & U18's squads. The Program will provide coaching, education, training and competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
- Develop fundamental skill level of athletes, as well aas providing educational and personal development opportunities
- Prepare athletes to a leavel where their transition to any NSW State team is 'seamless'
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in Female AFL nationwide
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- Weekly training sessions to further develop skills: running from November 2018 - April 2019. Venue TBC
- Training will be on Monday evenings. Athletes from both U16's age group & U18's age group will combine for training but also work within their age groups specifically.
- Specialised athlete sessions including Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition and Sports Psychology
U16's Age Group: Will compete as a team in Academy Games: 12-14th April 2019. This tournament will also act as State Selections for U16's.
U18's: State Selections will be conducted in April 2019 in Sydney and Canberra. Dates TBC.
The program levy is TBC
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
- Female 15 -18 years of age in 2019 (i.e born in 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- No AFL club experience necessary.
2018/19 Under 16's Squad
2018/19 Under 18's Squad