AFL Female Talent
This program is proudly supported by
Nominations for the 2020-2021 program will open in August 2020.
Submit your expression of interest HERE
Head Coach: TBC
Coaching Staff: TBC
Squad Manager: TBC
Development Manager: TBC
The Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition to identify emerging talented athletes in the U15-18 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection into the NSW/ACT U16's & U18's squads. The Program will provide coaching, education, training and competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
• Develop Fundamental Skill Level of Athletes, as well as providing educational and personal development opportunities
• Prepare athletes to a leavel where their transition to any NSW State team is 'seamless'
• Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events in Female AFL nationwide
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
• Weekly Training sessions to Further Develop Skills: Running from October 2020 - April 2021. Venue TBC. Athletes from both U16's age group & U18's Age Group will Combine for Training
• Specialised Athlete Dessions including Strength & Conditioning, Nutrition and Sports Psychology
• U16's Age Group: Academy Games: April 2021.
U18's: State Selections TBC
A program and uniform levy will apply to each selected athlete
Athletes must be:
• Female 15 -18 Years of Age in 2021 (i.e born in 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006)
• Reside Within the Hunter Region AND/OR Attend School within the Hunter Region
No AFL Club Experience Necessary