AFL Development (girls)
This program is proudly supported by
Nominations for the 2020-2021 program will open in August 2020.
Submit your expression of interest HERE
Program Coordinator: TBC
The girls AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region.
Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
• Monthly Training Sessions to Further Develop Skills
• Athlete eEducation in Areas such as Nutrition, Sports Psychology & Strength & Conditioning
• Overnight Camp
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
• Female 10-13 years of age in 2020 (i.e born in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
• Reside within the Hunter Region;
• Attend school within the Hunter Region;
NB: Athletes selected in the Sydney Swans Academy are still elligible for this program
No AFL club experience necessary. This program is open to all girls who play for a local AFL club, their school or have a sporting background with an interest in AFL.
* If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a girls AFL program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.