AFL Development (boys)
This program is proudly supported by
Nominations for the 2019/2020 Program are now OPEN! Click HERE to nominate.
Trial Information: Sunday 29th September at Dick Burwell Oval, 20 Aquatic Close, Nelson Bay: 9am - 11am
First Session: Saturday 26th October (approx. 8.30am - 1.30pm) Venue: Hunter Sports High
See draft calendar for the AFL Development Program HERE
Program Coordinator: Craig Golledge
The AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region.
Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements, as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- education in topics such as: physiotherapy, strength & conditioning, Sports Psychology & Nutrition
- live-in camp
- Academy Games Participation (TBC)
To be eligible to apply for a position within the AFL program, athletes must be:
- Males 9-12 years of age in 2019 (i.e born in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local AFL club/association
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes.