AFL Development (boys)
This program is proudly supported by
The 2017/18 AFL Program is currently running.
Program Coordinator: Craig Golledge
Head coach: Kevin Greaves
The AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region.
Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements, as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- education in topics such as: physiotherapy and strength & conditioning
- live-in camp at Myuna Bay Sport & Recreation centre
- Academy Games (inter regional academy competition) skills clinic weekend
To be eligible to apply for a position within the AFL program, athletes must be:
- Males 9-12 years of age (i.e born in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local AFL club/association
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST)
2017/18 HUNTER ACADMEY OF SPORT AFL SQUAD
Enquire HERE for next year's program.