The 2017/18 AFL Program is currently running.
Program Coordinator: Craig Golledge
Head Coach: Megan McDonald
The girls AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region.
Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- athlete education in areas such as nutrition and physiotherapy
- live-in camp at Myuna Bay Sport & Recreation centre
To be eligible to apply for a position within the girls AFL program, athletes must be:
- Female 11-13 years of age (i.e born in 2004, 2005, 2006)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
No AFL club experience necessary. This program is open to all girls who play for a local AFL club, their school or have a sporting background with an interest in AFL.
* If you reside outside of the Hunter Region and your regional academy does not offer a girls AFL program, you are eligible to apply for the HAS program.
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST).
2017/18 Hunter Academy of Sport AFL Program
This program is proudly supported by