Nominations for the 2017/2018 Program are now Open!
Nominations Close: 8th September
Trials: 24th September (9am-11am at McKeachies Oval, Redgum Circuit, Aberglasslyn NSW 2320)
Orientation: 14th October 2017
Program Coordinator: Craig Golledge
Head coach: Kevin Greaves
The AFL program plays a vital role in the AFL NSW/ACT pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young Australian Football players in the Hunter Region.
Members of the squad will be exposed to technical skill development, athlete education, sports science and fitness elements, as well as provide a talent identification platform for future talent programs.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the AFL program:
- monthly training sessions to further develop skills;
- education in topics such as: physiotherapy and strength & conditioning
- live-in camp at Myuna Bay Sport & Recreation centre
- Academy Games (inter regional academy competition) skills clinic weekend
To be eligible to apply for a position within the AFL program, athletes must be:
- Males 9-12 years of age (i.e born in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local AFL club/association
A program levy and uniform levy will be applicable to selected athletes (inc. GST)